The roller kilns used for the manufacture of tiles are one of the most important application markets for OPTIMA® XA analyzers.
The variety and high added value of the products, the necessary controlled oxidation of the carbonates and the high energy consumption of these facilities make continuous analysis of the combustion atmospheres in this type of kiln essential.
The variation of the O2% present in the gases will always be subject to the specific requirements of each product and format: temperature curves, arrangement of gas / air pressures in rings and burners, exhaust fans, hot air, or cooling end etc.
The following results are obtained using the OPTIMA® XA System:
- Improvement of the quality of the final product (black heart, tones, etc.)
- Reduction of specific consumption (4% 13%)
- Reduction of polluting emissions such as CO2 and NOx
- Characterization of oxidation levels by format and type of glaze.
- Control of the furnace pressure curve
- Optimized fan regulation.